Saturday, March 23, 2013

Love me some summer.....

Yes, I do love me some summer.  Sun, sand, ocean, pools, and sundresses.  I have been drooling over this Riley Blake Designs "Seaside" collection for sometime now.  I am just IN LOVE with the beach scene print. When I found the Tea Party dress pattern at Oliver S + Co. I just knew the two were a match made in heaven. So with out further ado, I present my Princess Hannah's new summer sundress!  I can't wait to see her in it. 


Don't you just love this fussy cut on the bodice?


And this coordinating polka dot hem lining?


And yes, I am to lazy to hand stitch a hem and don't own a serger, so I totally cheated and did a double topstitch on the hem line. I love the way it looks!


And the great thing about this pattern is there is also a coordinating playsuit pattern for a boy and bloomers for the dress.  This is perfect because next I will be making the playsuit in the "Seaside" plaid for my grandson.  Won't they just be the two cutest things.  Okay, I'm done gushing for tonight. 

Love,


Linking up to:


Plum and June @ Simply Miss Luella


2 comments:

  1. It's darling! I'm trying to get a little dress done for Easter ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes! The beach scene on the yoke is adorable. This dress is destined to be well worn!

    ReplyDelete