Sunday, March 17, 2013

Challenge Completed and a Sew Together Bag

Crazy I did it!  I have finished my table topper quilt for the Henry Glass & Co. fabrics Desire to Inspire challenge.  And I love it! Here it is:



This was such a fun challenge.  It was also my first time binding a quilt.  It was much easier than I thought it would be.  

This last week I also finished my Sew Together Bag by SewDemented. This was a little challenging for me.  I still have to learn how to get my machine to sew over thick areas of fabric such as the side seams of the pockets.  Putting the binding on this was the hardest part.  I did however, learn how to install a zipper.  It was super easy with her instructions. 




My daughter loved it, but asked that I make one using laminated cotton so she can use it for make up.  Oh boy, don't know if  I'm quite ready for that binding again.

I also designed a pattern this week for my dear FIL's quilt.  I did it on graph paper and figured the math my self.  Hoping I did it right.  I will start cutting on it this week.  Here is the fabric I have been hoarding for this project.


I think it will be perfect for an ol' cowboy. What do you think?

Now onto the Riley Blake Designs BOM.  This months block is the Churn Dash or as they call it Simplicity. I have to say I love this block.  It is so easy and you can do so much with it just by changing up fabric patterns.  


And here are January, February and March's blocks all together:


Here are all the blocks I have made with this wonderful fabric:




Well that's all for now folks. I hope to be back this week with another finish.



Linking up to








15 comments:

  1. Great job on the Desire to Inspire Quilt, it looks great and definitely inspires me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work! Thanks for sharing!
    Have a fabulous week!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ana! Hugs from Texas right back at ya!

      Delete
  3. Hi Toye ... came across your blog via the Busy Bee link up ... well done on your bag and love your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bag by Sew Demented looks great. I have the pattern and hope to make one soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is pretty easy. I will probably make another one real soon. Good Luck with yours!

      Delete
  5. Nice work on all the things you have been working on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Riley Blake BOMs are beautiful! I wish sewing the binding on for the first time was as easy for me...it was a real challenge! Thanks for linking up:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jamie. I watch some good videos on how to attach my binding and it made it very easy. The internet is a wonderful thing. lol

      Delete
  7. Wonderful quilt! Thanks for sharing. And cute purse too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The patriotic quilt is so wonderful. I've been hoarding red, white and blue fabrics for about 15 years but haven't done anything with them yet. This has been inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on your Sew Together Bag. If you decide to make a make up bag for your daughter, I have had people use the PUL fabric. I haven't tried it myself...it is on the agenda for my daughter! But your bag looks great!
    Thanks for the nice comment on my bag pattern!
    Michelle @ SewDemented

    ReplyDelete