Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Challenge Accepted!

This week was a great week.  Why you ask?  I received a sweet little package of some beautiful fabrics in the mail from Henry Glass Fabrics.  I am so excited and honored to have been asked to join their Desire to Inspire Challenge.  This challenge is meant to get people sewing more, using your creativity, and working with what you are given.  You can read more about the Desire to Inspire challenge here.

So, this week I was surprised with this beautiful bundle of fabrics to work with.





And here are the blocks I have completed so far:



pattern: My own (worked out perfectly with 13 stripes in the right order, huh?)

In other news to add to a great week, my daughter recently turned 22 (Happy Birthday baby girl), found out she only has two more electives to complete after this semester to graduate with an Associates Degree, applied to University of Houston Clear Lake, and is considering working towards her Masters (after she gets her Bachelors of course).  She's going to make an awesome teacher.  

Well that's all I have for today.  Hope you all have a great week!


Linking up to :











14 comments:

  1. The blocks are lovely. And Congrats/Happy Birthday to your daughter too.

    Visiting from WIP Wednesday. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee... for you! Your doing a wonderful job on the fabric they sent I can't wait to see what else you are going to make, I especially like the heart and flag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Mara. I am very excited and hope to finish it up this coming weekend.

      Delete
  3. Ohh, I love your houses! Congrats on being asked to participate in the Desire to Inspire Challenge. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy, I love the houses too. Now she has a barn pattern up on her blog.

      Delete
  4. Love your work and I am sure HG will too! Thanks for sharing this project, it looks so fun that I went ahead and linked over to send them a few photos. Cross my fingers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Heidi, I hope you get chosen. It's so fun to be creative with what you are given instead of what you choose.

      Delete
  5. Great job on the patriotic blocks. They are all great.

    ReplyDelete