Thursday, February 7, 2013

My Week In Pictures (WIP)

I have been very busy working this week, so I have decided to share with you my WIP and a special occasion.

 Some fun blocks including Riley Blake Designs Mystery Block of the Month for January, Whirling Star block from Fresh Lemons,  my own scrap pieced block, and the Craftsy BOM for January 2013.  I have used "The Sweetest Thing" and "Seaside" prints by Riley Blake Designs and the sage green polka dot is by Lakehouse Dry Goods.






I started my year of RAKs this week :

The recipient was underwhelmed by the thought of having to pass it on to someone at some point.  Kind of broke my heart to know she would rather be selfish and want to keep it as hers.  My thought was to make something beautiful, love it , hug it and pass it on to someone who might need something to brighten their day or even their week and then to keep that going.  I want it to be loved by many and be well worn when this is all done. 


!Sew WE Quilt!



And Finally , drum roll please! My beautiful daughter and her boo celebrated their 3 year anniversary this last weekend.  These are just a few of the cute pictures they sent me: 




I can't wait until they get married and start having lots of babies for me to spoil to death.  

Oh, My hubby is insisting that I share the following link with your :


Take a look no pressure if you're interested let me know.  

So pretty uneventful.  The sun is still shining, I still have two jobs, we have food in our bellies, clothes on our backs, and a roof over our heads.  Life is good.   


Be Blessed and Always ask the Lord for more, just MORE.  He will answer!!!!!!


Linking up to :
                                                     

10 comments:

  1. What is RAKS, maybe if they like yours so much they can make a new one and pass that one on. Newest member from Lily's Quilts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mara,

      RAK is a Random Act of Kindness. It is a way to pass along to others something nice that might just brighten their day. I have promised to make her one to keep. :)

      Toye

      Delete
  2. I love how The Sweetest Thing looks in those blocks. In fact, I really love all the blocks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aoife. I am IN LOVE with these fabrics. Glad you like the blocks.

      Toye

      Delete
  3. Love the whirling star block, actually they all look wonderful. Lovely fabric. I have been seeing a lot of the RAK idea and the cushion you have made looks so beautiful I can see why the recipient may not want to part with it. Visiting through Lily's Quilts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gillian,

      Thanks for visiting my blog. I too, can see why she would want to keep it. It was hard for me to give it up. :)

      Toye

      Delete
  4. Your blocks are just beautiful! And very fun pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cindy. I just love silly photos. I may be a little bias, but I do think my babies are beautiful. :)

      Toye

      Delete
  5. Love the fabric choices in your blocks. Fun pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth, I am having a blast with them.

      Delete