Thursday, January 24, 2013

Visit Your Local Quilt Shop Day & More


Today is Visit Your Local Quilt Shop Day and I did just that! I first headed over to Fabric Etcetera, which  my daughter had given me a gift certificate to for my birthday.  It's a nice little shop that carries Riley Blake Designs and lots of Batiks.  They also have the 2013 Hoffman Challenge fabrics.  Have you seen these? They are amazing.


I picked up some yardage from Lakehouse Itty Pritty Polka Ditty in Celery, and Riley Blake Designs The Sweetest Thing and Seaside collections with my gift certificate. The other day I added some Kona Grass Green and Turquoise, Baby Birds by Studio E, Piccadilly Circle by Northcott, and a nice green and blue print from JoAnn's to add in with the Isabelle fabrics I have previously purchased at Sew Contempo.  Still trying to decide what pattern I will use.  Please share any ideas you have with me.

But I have to say my favorite stop of the day was Painted Pony N' Quilts in La Porte, TX.   I have never been there before today. I was directed there by a sweet employee over at Hancocks when I could not find a 45 degree angle diamond ruler anywhere.  So on to Google I went, and low and behold of course they had exactly what I was looking for.  So my dear hubby (who had tagged along with me on my adventure today) and I jumped into the car and headed right over there.  Let me just say that Painted Pony N' Quilts is like going to quilting fabric and notions HEAVEN! I was totally taken aback by the selection they carry.  I pledge from this day forward that I will take the short little jaunt over to La Porte to shop at Painted Pony N' Quilts for ALL of my quilting needs.  It is worth the little extra gas to be able to get exactly what you are looking for.  The customer service is exceptional and the flow of the shop is extraordinary.  I have to say they were also sweethearts to let me take some photos of the shop to share with you.  So enjoy and don't drool to much.  





This is just a sampling of the shop.  Now to win the lottery, at least a small one so I can shop my heart out.  One last thing.  If you get the chance to make it down to Galveston any time soon you will need to visit this showing. My dear hubby and I are going this coming Thursday, my next day off. Yay!


No WIP or Finishes this week, but hopefully something more next week.  Thanks for visiting and as always I would love to hear from you.  


  
 Linking up to:

Live A Colorful Life
Thursday Think Tank
Fresh Poppy Design

6 comments:

  1. Aren't we blessed to have local quilt shops to visit ?
    Good for you for supporting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are. Shopping online can be fun, but being able to touch and see the fabric in person it so much better.

      Delete
  2. It's always fun to get a peek into other shops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am adding the shops others show to my list for my days when I can afford to travel and shop all over the U.S. LOL.

      Delete
  3. Wow, thanks for sharing photos of the quilt shops, they look like candy stores! I nominated your shop for the Liebster Award! For info, visit http://redletterquilts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi. As you know I accepted the award. Love your blog.

      Delete