Monday, January 14, 2013

Some Finishes and Progress

Now that the holidays are over, I have finally been able to get back to my WIPs.  Working two jobs has not left me much time for my love, sewing.  I really try hard to make time to work on my projects even if it only 15 minutes here and there.  Luckily, lately we have not had lots of errands to run so my days off have been very enjoyable.

To start, this month began the Sugar Block Club for 2013. I have been so blessed to see all the beautiful block the members have made. My January Block:

Snow Blossom
I love these colors and the plaids.  The off white print was a little pain to work with as it is not cotton.  Thinking it is polyester.  I'm not sure.

Next up I hit the inventory sale at Sew Contempo. This has quickly become my favorite local quilt shop in my area.  They have lots of Moda fabrics, pretty much all the Kona cottons, and beautiful samples of the patterns they sell.  I pick up a half yard bundle of  these fabrics, Isabelle by Free Spirit.  They were on sale at $5.99 a yard and I could not pass them up.


And today I bought 4 1/4 yards of Kona White to use with them.  I can't wait to cut in to them, but my dear husband reminded me today that I have not even started on the quilt that I said I was going to make for my dear FIL for Christmas.  I am still trying to decide on what pattern I want to use for it.  I have thought about making it for next Christmas and using the fabulous fabrics for my Farmer's Wife Quilt.  They would be perfect for it and that would really be a work of love.

I did get three rows of quilting done on my dear daughter's quilt today.  I decided to go with navy blue anti pill fleece for the back.  She requested a darker shade on the back as to help keep from staining the quilt. This sucker is so heavy it is making it hard to quilt on my home machine.  Next time we are going with a cotton backing.  


Then tonight I finished up two more projects.  A pillow and a new pin cushion.  So happy with both. 







Plum and June WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

15 comments:

  1. You've been so productive, wow!
    What beautiful projects - I especially love the pillow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really love it and the fabrics..

      Delete
  2. The projects look great! It is fantastic when you finally finish a WIP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna. It does feel good especially when I didn't know what I was going to make with them.

      Delete
  3. We must be almost neighbors :) I live in Northwest Houston. I love your take on the Sugar Block Club block. I am tempted to join, but haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to CyFair HS....yes we are neighbors! And you should join the SBC! Thanks for visiting my blog Katie!

      Delete
  4. Lovely projects. I especially like your snow blossom block and pillow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet pillow Toye, congratulations on two finishes.

    Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such pretty finishes this week! Congratulations on them!! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm visiting from Richard Quilts LAFF - you've done a lot this week! I love the colours in the pillow.

    ReplyDelete