Sunday, December 30, 2012

Finally A Quilt Top

As I sit here at work on a boring Sunday afternoon, I have decided that I will just go ahead and share my finish for the week .  I didn't get this project finished for Christmas since I do work two jobs while we are waiting for my husbands disability to go thru. But I did have one day off this week and I spent it sewing away on my daughters quilt.  I have learned a lot while working on this project so far.
1. The 1/4 inch mark on my machine is a generous one
2. I found out how to mark it correctly and make a perfect scant 1/4 inch.
3. Even if your squares aren't perfect ...square them up and dont worry about them being slightly small than the pattern says. It will workout and be beautiful to the person receiving it.
4. I love making quilts and am addicted!
5. I need a third job to pay for this new hobby or some fabric donations would be great!  ; ' )
I used "Best Wishes" by Henry Glass Fabrics and Kona Cotton solid in Eggshell. The pattern is Royal Squares by Quilts By Emily available at Craftsy.com 
Now to add batting, a back and some quilting!


Linking up to:

Lily's Quilts
Lily's Quilts

7 comments:

  1. The quilt top looks great - what a fun pattern and fabrics! Also, just FYI - you came up as a no reply commenter for the comment you left on my recent post so I wasn't able to email you back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilt top! Lucky daughter!

    came over from Lily's quilts to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt top is beautiful.
    Barb@Witsend

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this quilt top - it plays on the eyes with the way you have done your squares...great:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for the complements. I just hope I get it all finished before next Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt top is so pretty! I love the fabrics and pattern you chose.

    ReplyDelete