Thursday, November 8, 2012

Come, let's sew!

Oh, I am so excited about starting this blog.

My name is Toye, and I am a new quilting addict. There I said it. So a little about me.  I have sewn for years, 21 to be exact.  This has been an on and off love affair for me.  When my daughter was little, I would make outfits for her.  Then I would get the bug to sew and find something to make here and there.  But recently, I discovered a love for making quilts.  Well, to be honest I have only completed two rag quilts to date, but I have started on my first pieced quilt top and I am loving it!

My dear husband was so sweet to spend the day with me last Friday at the Houston International Quilt Festival.  Oh my goodness, I could have spent so much money.  I did spend some on a couple of patterns and lots of fabric. It was amazing to say the least. All those beautiful quilts.  What talent these ladies have. I could only dream to be that talented.

So I thought I would share with you my first two rag quilts first.  This one with the browns and blues is first one I made.  I loved it so much when it was finished that it went straight to my bed!



This one with pinks, yellows and blues was made to be sold, but I'm thinking of giving it to my daughter for Christmas.  She is bugging me almost everyday for her own quilt now.  Gotta love her. These fabrics were from Joann's and Hancocks.  I have just recently discovered all the designer fabrics avalible at quilt shops.


And this is my newest project.  My first few blocks for my first pieced quilt top.  I am using fabrics are from Ruby by Bonnie and Camille for Moda.




Well that's all I have for now folks.  Hopefully I will have more time next week to work on more blocks and I think I really need to get started on a quilt that my dear husband told my MIL I was making for my FIL for Christmas.  Men! 

Linking up to Finish it Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts and TGIFF at Quilt Matters and Richard and Tanya Quilts

6 comments:

  1. Toye - Very nice work. I am so addicted to quilting but I don't want a cure! The Houston show is fantastic - I didn't make it there this year but maybe I'll get back there next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really lovely - I would have never figured it was your first go. I love the blue and brown one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, you've been bitten hard by the quilting bug, I see. Congrats! :) You did a fantastic job with your first two quilts. Lucky you to get to go to the Houston show. That's on my list too. Thanks for linking up to TGIFF! Look forward to seeing more of your work going forward, Toye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thanks ladies! I am so excited about this new hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't learned the rag quilt technique yet.
    Looks like you are learning right along! I am learning a lot more in the last year since joining the local quilt guild.

    ReplyDelete