Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Finish It Up 2013

I thought I would share today some of my recent finishes.  I have been taking some time to work on lots of different projects.  I've been in a kind of "do what moves you" kind of mood with my sewing lately.  I have really enjoyed making some free projects from around the web. Please join me at the end of this post in my first ever link up party!

First up is a quilt top using Tim Holtz's Eclectic Elements fabric by Coats & Clark.  The pattern is "Time Flies" quilt.  You can find the post and instructions here. It was super easy and super quick to complete. 




I also made a pouch and a purse from this fabric.  The pouch is a "Susie Zippered Pouch" pattern by Pattydoo.  This video tutorial is available on You Tube.  The purse is a larger version of the pouch with a shoulder strap attached. 




I made another pouch with my Ruby scraps.



Then I decided to take a block I made a while back and sew up another pouch.  I am a little addicted to pouches lately.


I then made a "Half Tote" using fat quarters of Honeysweet.  I just love the colors in this line.  I found the pattern for this bag here.




I also made some Dresden plates using Carnaby Street by Pat Bravo.




Last but not least of my news is that a friend from work gave me a vintage Singer 185k sewing machine.  It runs like a dream.  I hope to put it to good use. Isn't she a beauty? I love her so much!


I am also gearing up for Fall Quilt Festival here in Houston.  I am so excited to be off work that whole weekend.  Let me know if you will be there.  I would love to meet you.  I really wish I was going to market too, but I don't have a business at this time.  Maybe next year.


Linking up to:







 CrazyMomQuilts.Blogspot.com 

prettybobbins.com

richardquilts.blogspot.com

7 comments:

  1. Pretty finishes. The pouches are darling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work, Toye! You're a pouch-making machine! So glad you linked up to TGIFF! and OctoberQuest 2 -- good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One can never have enough pouches. They are so incredible and magical! Love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely finishes. You are so productive! wow! And that sewing machine is cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you lady's! And thanksbfor stoppping my little part of the net.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Dresden is so great! And that vintage sewing machine is precious! Are you using it? Love it! Lucky you :) thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been busy! Love that vintage machine.

    ReplyDelete