Friday, May 31, 2013

Reuse, Renew, Recycle, and My New Tables!

Today I don't have any quilting to share with you, but I do have a Friday Finish!

About two weeks ago I was coming home from work driving thru my apartments.  What did I see? Two twenty something bachelors throwing out two perfectly good end tables. They did not have the glass tops for the tables, but I didn't care.  I said, "Throw those in my car please!"  And they did after giving me a you're crazy lady look.

Here is the before:


So with a little paint and fabric covered 1/4 inch plywood we now have two of these:


I used fabric from the Carnaby Street line by Pat Bravo Designs.  I just love how fresh they look.  I am going to seal the top of the tables with the super gloss mod podge that is suppose to give it a glass like finish and in 4 weeks after curing I will be able to wipe off the tops.  I am so in love with these tables.

Other things in our recent history was a trip to Froberg's Fruit and Vegetable Farm in Alvin, TX to pick strawberries. Don't they look like jewels?


My main job had 1920's day recently, but since I don't own anything that even resembles that era I work 1980's attire and went back to my 20's.  I had to participate somehow, LOL.


Last but not least my dear Michael had his Spring Concert.  I am so proud how he has grown in all aspects of life and learning this year.


That's all for now.  Life hasn't given me much time for my creativity lately. Hopefully I will have more time soon.


Linking up to:








6 comments:

  1. I admire how some people can see the potential in things that other people discard. The finished table is oh-so-fun. I love the white paint. It completely changes the look of the table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The table looks amazing!! Yummy strawberries too!
    Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The table is brilliant! Love the way it turned out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those strawberries look delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome table makeover! I made a Carnaby Street Quilt with and I just love those fabrics too! And love Froberg's. We live in Tennessee now, but used to live in Pearland- just a hop, skip, and a jump from Alvin!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ladies! I really loved making over the tables. I always see things other people do and think I could do that. lol

    ReplyDelete